Create a Google Cloud IAM Role
A Google Cloud IAM role is a collection of permissions, such as read, write, and delete. Google Cloud IAM roles can be added to both cloud rules and cloud access roles in Kion.
To create a new role in Kion:
- In the left navigation menu, click Cloud Management > Google Cloud IAM Roles.
- Click Add New .
- Enter a Name for the IAM role. For information about Google's naming conventions for roles, see Understanding IAM Custom Roles - Naming the Role.
- (Optional) Add a Description.
- Select a Launch Stage for your role. You can read about Launch Stages Understanding IAM Custom Roles - Testing and Deploying.
- Enter permissions for the role. Kion manages the other attributes like name/description, so you only need to create a JSON array with permissions. For example, the permissions may look like this:
- Select a Google Cloud project to validate the IAM permissions against.
- Select at least one user or user group as the owner.
- Click Create IAM Role at the bottom of the page.