Applying a Google Cloud IAM Role to a Cloud Access Role at the Project Level
The easiest way to apply a role definition to one of your Google Cloud projects is to apply it to a cloud access role. You can do this at either the OU or project level.
To apply a role to a new or existing cloud access role at the project level:
- In the left navigation menu, click Projects > All Projects.
- Click the name of the project where you will apply the role definition.
- Go to the Cloud Management tab.
- Select the Cloud Access Roles subtab.
- Click the Add button on the right side of the interface if you are creating a new cloud access role, or select the ellipses menu on an existing cloud access role and select Edit to add it to an existing cloud access role.
- In the dialog box, fill out any other necessary fields, then click the select Google Cloud IAM Roles from the dropdown in the Google Cloud Settings section.
- Click either the Update Cloud Access Role button or the Create Cloud Access Role button depending on whether you are editing or creating a cloud access role.
Done! Your Google Cloud IAM roles will apply to the Google Cloud projects selected for the cloud access role when you access the Google Cloud portal using this role.