Enabling AWS GovCloud Account Creation
When you use Kion to create a new GovCloud account, you'll automatically be creating an AWS commercial account as well, since a linked commercial account is required to manage the GovCloud account.
In order to enable GovCloud account creation in Kion, the following prerequisites are required:
- Your organization is authorized to create accounts in AWS GovCloud. For more information about GovCloud, visit the AWS Documentation Portal.
- The GovCloud account that will be used as your GovCloud billing source is linked directly to your commercial management account.
- The GovCloud billing source has AWS Organizations enabled.
- If you use external IDs for additional account security, add the Service External ID for the GovCloud billing source to your trust policy. For more information, see Adding an External ID to your Trust Policy.
To enable GovCloud account creation:
- If you have not already done so, enable the account cache and account creation. For more information, see Account Settings.
- If you have not already done so, set the placeholder email field to an email address. This will be used for the root account email when the accounts are created. For more information, see AWS Account Creation Settings.
- If you have not already done so, create a commercial billing source. For more information, see What is a Billing Source?
- Navigate to Accounts > Billing Sources.
- Click the ellipsis menu next to the commercial billing source and select Edit GovCloud Settings.
- Enter the details for the GovCloud billing source and check Allow GovCloud Account Creation.
- Click Save.
To start creating GovCloud accounts, see Add an Account.