Create a Project
Projects are the smallest unit of organization within Kion. They are where you attach your cloud accounts and apply your most specific permissions, enforcements, and policies.
In your organization structure, OUs contain projects and projects contain accounts.
To create a new project:
- Click Projects > All Projects.
- Click Add New.
- Enter a Project Name to identify the project throughout the application. This name must be unique among projects.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Select an OU to add the project to. The project will inherit any permissions, enforcements, and policies applied to the OU.
- In the Permissions Scheme dropdown menu, select Default Project Permissions Scheme or custom scheme.
- If custom permission schemes are turned off, you will not see the Permissions Scheme field, and the default permission scheme will be used. For information about using custom permission schemes, see Add a Custom Permission Scheme.
- Select at least one user or user group as the project owner.
- Depending on your financial configuration, select if you would like to add a budget or spend plan to the budget.
- Budget. For information on creating budgets, see Creating a Project Budget
- Spend plan. Configure a funding source, time frame, and planned amount for the project.
- Click Create Project.