Clone a Funding Source
By cloning a funding source, you’re able to automatically apply a newly created funding source to all project spend plans where the reference funding source is currently applied. This makes it easy when a new fiscal year rolls around to automatically allocate down funding to OUs and projects and then add them to project spend plans in a single operation.
You can increase or decrease the new amount of the funding source during the clone operation. When you change from the original amount, it will change the amount planned for all projects proportionally. For instance, if the original funding source had $15,000 in funds that was planned for Project A at $2,000 and Project B for $3,000, if the new funding source funds are increased to $30,000 (doubled), then the funds planning for Project A would be $4,000 and Project B would be $6,000.
To clone a funding source:
- In the left navigation menu, click Financials > All Funding Sources.
- Click the ellipsis menu on the funding source that you would like to clone and click Clone funding source.
- Enter in a new Funding Source Name.
- Select a Start Date. The End Date will automatically be set to the same duration and the funding source you are cloning so it will be applied for the same number of months as the original.
- Select the Permission Scheme.
- Select the Owners from the list of users and user groups.
- Click Continue.
- In the New Amount field, enter in the total amount of funds that the new funding source will be created with.
- Click Create Funding Source.