Clone a Funding Source
This option is only available when using spend plans. For more information, see Financial Management Methods.
By cloning a funding source, you’re able to automatically apply a newly created funding source to all project spend plans where the reference funding source was originally applied. This makes it easy to automatically allocate funding and then update project spend plans in a single operation.
You can increase or decrease the amount of funds available through the funding source during the clone operation. Updating the amount of funds available changes the amount planned for all projects proportionally. For instance, if the original funding source had $15,000 in funds that was planned for Project A at $2,000 and Project B for $3,000, if the new funding source funds are increased to $30,000 (doubled), then the funds planning for Project A would be $4,000 and Project B would be $6,000.
To clone a funding source:
- Navigate to Financials > All Funding Sources.
- Click the ellipsis menu on the funding source that you would like to clone, and select Clone funding source.
- Enter in a new Funding Source Name.
- Select a Start Date. The End Date will automatically be set so that the new funding source has the same duration as the original funding source.
- Select a Permission Scheme.
- Select at least one user or user group as the funding source owner.
- Click Continue.
- In the New Amount field, enter the total amount of funds that the new funding source will be created with.
- Click Create Funding Source.