Viewing Azure Role Definitions
To display all of the Azure role definitions that you have permission to view:
- In the left navigation menu, click Cloud Management > Azure Role Definitions.
- You will see a list of Azure role definitions. Roles can be filtered by role type or keyword using the Filters button on the top left. Use the arrow buttons on the top right to navigate through the pages of results. You can also click + to add a new Azure role definition.
You can click on the role definition name to visit the detail page for the check. Clicking the ellipsis menu on the right of a role definition may give you the following options (specific options depend on the role):
- View - view the details page for the role definition.
- Edit - edit the role definition.
- Delete - delete the role definition.
- Clone - create a new role definition using the selected one as a template.
Azure Role Definition Details: Overview Tab
Click the name of the role definition or View on the ellipsis menu to view the details page for the role definition. This will take you to the Overview tab, which provides the following information:
- The name of the role definition is featured at the top of the screen.
- Description - the optional description of the role definition.
- The role definition permissions code.
Azure Role Definition Details: Cloud Rules Tab
The Cloud Rules tab provides a list of cloud rules to which this Azure role definition is attached, including the cloud rule Name and Description. Click on the name of the cloud rule to go to the Azure Settings tab of the details page for the cloud rule.
Azure Role Definition Details: Cloud Access Roles Tab
The Cloud Access Roles tab provides a list of cloud access roles that are associated with this Azure role definition. They are displayed on two different tabs: Project and OU, depending on whether the CAR is attached to a project or an OU.