Add a Compliance Standard
A compliance standard groups together compliance checks. For example, you could have a NIST compliance standard containing compliance checks reviewing resources for alignment with NIST security guidelines.
Compliance standards group together related checks to meet larger compliance goals, guidelines, or requirements. For information on creating checks, see Add a Compliance Check.
To create a new compliance standard:
- Navigate to Compliance > All Compliance Standards.
- Click Add New.
- Enter a name for the compliance standard.
- (Optional) Enter a Description. We suggest including information about the purpose of the standard.
- Select at least one user or user group as the owner.
- Select one or more Compliance Checks to include in the standard. Standards do nothing if they do not contain compliance checks.
- Click Create Compliance Standard.
Once you have created a compliance standard, checks can be added to it at any time by editing the check. For more information, see Managing Compliance Standards.
Compliance standards are applied to resources by cloud rules. For more information, see Create a Cloud Rule.