Displaying Previous Financials on an Imported Account
When an existing AWS account is added to Kion, the financial data displayed in the project financials will default to the start date set when the account was added and the start date set on the project spend plan. These dates can be adjusted to show previous financial data that existed before the account was added to Kion.
To backdate the financials, the AWS Cost & Usage Reports and Detailed Billing Reports must have been set up to reflect the past date range.
Backdating financials of a newly added account
1. Billing Source Modification
First, configure the earlier start date on the Billing source.
- In Kion, navigate to Accounts > Billing Sources.
- Click the ellipsis menu next to the billing source associated with the AWS account, and select Edit.
- Ensure the Billing Start Date is set to the oldest date recorded by the Cost & Usage Reports and Detailed Billing Reports in the AWS management account.
- Click Update Billing Source.
2. Funding Source Modification
Next, ensure the funding source's funding period is set back to the earlier start date.
- Navigate to Financials > All Funding Sources.
- Select the Funding Source used in the project.
- Click the ellipsis menu, and select Edit Funding Source.
- Edit the Start Date of the funding source. This date should not go back further than the billing source start date.
- Click Update Funding Source.
3. Project Spend Plan Modification
Next, edit the spend plan on the project. This is where the "Lifespan" of the project is derived from.
- Navigate to Projects > All Projects.
- Select the project you wish to edit.
- Select the Financials tab.
- Select the Spend Plan sub-tab.
- Click the ellipsis menu next to the spend plan you want to edit, and select Edit Spend Plan.
- Adjust the Months Applied begin date to the desired date in the past. This date cannot exceed the dates set in the funding source.
- Click Update Spend Plan.
4. Account Configuration
- Navigate to Accounts > All Accounts.
- Click the ellipsis menu next to the account you want to edit, and select Edit.
- Set the start date to the new start date.
- Click Update Account.
Kion will reflect costs starting from the new start date configured in the spend plan.