Built-In Azure Role Definitions
In addition to adding your own Azure Role Definitions, you can also load the built-in Azure Role Definitions to Kion.
Some of the Azure built-in Role Definitions that contain permissions that don't actually exist within Azure. When Kion encounters these, it will ignore them and not import them. These role definitions are a minority, but it is worth noting that they are ignored.
Importing the Built-In Role Definitions
Before you can import the Built-In Role definitions, you will need to add at least one Azure Billing Source so Kion can read the built-in definitions from the Azure API.
To set up a EA billing source, see the Azure EA Setup Guide.
To set up an CSP billing source, see the Azure CSP Setup Guide.
As a user with the Global "Manage Kion System Settings" permission, do the following:
- In the sidebar, navigate to Settings> System Settings.
- Click Built-in Role Definitions under Azure Settings.
- Click the Load Built-In Azure Role Definitions button.
- The loading process may take a few moments. When it finishes successfully, navigate to Cloud Management> Azure Role Definitions.
- This page should now contain the full list of all Built-In Azure Role Definitions alongside any definitions you may have added previously.