Applying a Role Definition to a Cloud Rule
You can apply Azure role definitions to cloud rules by selecting them when adding a new cloud rule or editing an existing cloud rule.
To create a cloud rule with a role definition:
- Select Cloud Management > Cloud Rules.
- Click Add New.
- In the Cloud Rule Name field, enter a name to identify the cloud rule throughout the application. This field must be unique among cloud rules.
- In the Owners dropdown menu, select users and user groups that will have permission to edit this cloud rule.
- (Optional) Select pre- and post-rule webhooks to apply.
- Select Azure Role Definitions to apply.
- Select Azure Policy Definitions to apply.
- Select Azure ARM Templates to apply to subscriptions when this cloud rule is applied.
- Select Compliance Standards to apply to this cloud rule. Compliance standards are applied to cloud rules, which are applied to projects. All resources within that project will be subject to the compliance checks included in that compliance standard.
- Click Create Cloud Rule.
Once this cloud rule is created, it applies the cloud resources to the specified OUs, projects, and child projects below the OU in the OU structure.
To edit a cloud rule:
- In the left navigation menu, click Cloud Management > Cloud Rules.
- Click the ellipsis menu on the cloud rule you want to change and select Edit.
- Make any necessary changes to the cloud rule.
- Click Update Cloud Rule.