Add a User
You can add users to the system for any of the identity management systems in the application.
To add a user:
- Select Users > All Users.
- Click Add New.
- Click Create New User.
- Enter the user's first name.
- Enter the user's last name.
- Enter the user's email address. Email addresses do not need to be unique.
- Enter a user name for the user. User names must be unique within the same IDMS.
- (Optional) Enter the user's phone number.
- In the Identity Management System dropdown menu, select an IDMS. If you select an IDMS that is not an Internal type, the user will be updated on their first login with the proper values from the identity provider. This gives you the ability to pre-create users so you can assign them to groups without having them log in first. For information about using an IDMS, see Identity Management.
- (Optional) Select any groups you want the user to be a member of.
- (Optional) Select an multi-factor identification (MFA) method you want the user to be forced to register with on their first login. This option will not display if a SAML IDMS is selected. For information about using MFA, see Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Click Create User.
A password for the user is generated after you click the create button. Copy the password and give it to the user in a secure manner. The user will be prompted to change the password on their first login.