Project Financial Enforcements
Financial enforcement actions are configurable actions you can set to trigger on an project when a spending limit is surpassed. Project financial enforcements can be applied at the project level or the service level.
To add a financial enforcement action to a project:
- Navigate to Projects > All Projects.
- Click the project that you want to create an enforcement on.
- Select the Enforcements tab.
- Click Add.
- Select the enforcement type.
- Project. Applies the enforcement to the project as a whole.
- Service. Applies the enforcement based on the spend of a single cloud service within accounts attached to this project.
- Create a trigger for the enforcement.
- Select whether the enforcement is based off of a recurring time frame or the active project budget.
- Select to monitor spend, remaining funds, or spend rate.
- Enter the spend limit that triggers the enforcement action when passed within the time frame or active budget.
- Select Events (or actions) that will happen when the enforcement is triggered.
- Apply cloud rule. Select a cloud rule to apply to this project. Cloud rules can be used to apply remediation policies and automation to restrict resources and actions, or decommission accounts. For more information, see What is a Cloud Rule?
- Overburn. When overburn is enabled, an overburn badge will show next to the project in the organization chart, in All projects, and on the project details.
- Select users and user groups to receive notifications when the enforcement is triggered.
- (Optional) Enter an description of the enforcement.
- Click Save.