Funding Source Financial Enforcements
Financial enforcement actions are configurable actions you can set to trigger on a funding source when a spending limit is surpassed.
While you can set enforcement actions at the funding source level, we recommend setting enforcements at the project level for more granular control. When you set enforcements at the funding source level, every project attached to the funding source will be affected if one project overspends.
To add a financial enforcement action to a funding source:
- Navigate to Financials > All Funding Sources.
- Click the funding source that you want to create an enforcement on.
- Select the Enforcements tab.
- Click Add.
- Create a trigger for the enforcement.
- Timeframe. The amount of time considered by this action when determining spend.
- Spend Option. Select to monitor spend or remaining funds.
- Amount. The dollar amount that triggers the enforcement when passed within the time frame.
- Apply cloud rule. Select a cloud rule to apply to this funding source. Cloud rules can be used to apply remediation policies and automation to restrict resources and actions, or decommission accounts. For more information, see What is a Cloud Rule?
- Overburn. When overburn is enabled, an overburn badge will show next to the funding source in the organization chart, in All Funding Sources, and on the funding source details.