Enabling AWS GovCloud Account Creation through Kion
In order to enable GovCloud account creation in Kion, the following prerequisites are required:
- Your organization is authorized to create accounts in AWS GovCloud. For more information about GovCloud, visit the AWS Documentation Portal.
- The GovCloud account that will be used as your GovCloud billing source is linked directly to your commercial management account.
- The GovCloud billing source has AWS Organizations enabled.
To Enable GovCloud Account Creation:
- If you have not already done so, enable the account cache and account creation. For more information, see Account Creation Settings.
- If you have not already done so, set the placeholder email field to an email address. This will be used for the root account email when the accounts are created. For more information, see AWS Account Creation Settings.
- If you have not already done so, create a commercial billing source. For more information, see Add a Billing Source.
- Click Accounts > Billing Sources in the left navigation menu.
- In the billing source list, click the ellipsis menu to the right of the commercial billing source and click Edit GovCloud Settings.
- Enter in the details for the GovCloud billing source and check Allow GovCloud Account Creation.
- Click Save.
To start creating GovCloud accounts, see Add an Account.