For customers that create (or previously created) new accounts using Kion version 2.15.4 or older, those cached accounts may display as Inaccessible, as shown below.
This is related to the availability of the CloudFormation service within AWS on the newly-created account. Starting with version 2.15.5, we added a feature to continuously attempt to install the "cloudtamer-service-role" until the CloudFormation service becomes available, but this feature was not available in earlier versions. If you created an account while running version 2.15.4 or earlier and you encounter this issue (or if you are currently running 2.15.4), you will have to perform the following workaround.
The workaround must be run on an account in the account cache (i.e., not attached to a project). If the account is already attached to a project:
- Browse to the project.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
- Find the affected account and choose Delete from the ellipsis menu to remove the account from the project.
- In the pop-up modal, choose Yes to place the account in the cache.
Once the account is in the cache:
- Click on the Account Name and view the URL bar: https://YOURCLOUDTAMERURL/
portal/account-cache/ACCT_CACHE_ID. Grab the ACCT_CACHE_ID from the URL.
- Create an App API Key by clicking on your username within Kion in the top right corner, choosing App API Key, and creating a new one. For more information on App API keys, see our Public API Guide.
- Run the cURL command below from a UNIX host that has access to the Kion application, updating the fields in red to reflect the appropriate values (replace “APITOKENHERE” with your App API Key):
curl --location --request POST 'https://YOURCLOUDTAMERURL/api/v1/account-cache/
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer APITOKENHERE' \