Displaying Previous Financials on a Newly-Added Account
When an existing AWS account is added to Kion, the financial data displayed in the project financials will default to the start date set in the "Add Account" page AND the start date set on the project spend plan. In order to backdate the financials, the follow pre-requisite must be met:
- The AWS Cost & Usage Reports and Detailed Billing Reports must have been set up to reflect the past date range.
To backdate the financials of the newly added account, follow the steps below:
Billing Source Configuration
- First, you will want to verify the start date of the Billing Source. To do so, click on Accounts and then Billing Sources in the left navigation menu. Find the billing source associated with the AWS account and click the 3-dot hamburger menu. Click Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom and ensure the Billing Start Date is set to the oldest date that the Cost & Usage Reports and Detailed Billing Reports were configured in the AWS management account.
- Click Update Billing Source
Funding Source Configuration
- Next, you will want to ensure that the Funding Source funding period is set back to the date which you would like to begin seeing financials.
- In the left navigation menu click Financials and then click on the Funding Source used in the project you are looking to edit.
- Click the 3-dot hamburger menu and choose Edit Funding Source
- Next, edit the Start Date of the funding source backward (note: this date should not go back further than the Billing Source start date) and click Update Funding Source.
Project Spend Plan
- Next, you can edit the spend plan on the project. This is where the "Lifespan" of the project is derived from. To do this, click on Projects in the left navigation menu and then choose the project you wish to edit.
- On the Project Financials tab, scroll down to the Spend Plan card and click the 3-dot hamburger menu. Choose Edit Spend Plan.
- Adjust the Months Applied begin date to the desired date in the past. (Note, this date cannot exceed the dates set in the Funding Source from the previous step)
- Next, click Update Spend Plan.
- Next, click on Accounts in the left navigation menu. Locate the account you want to backdate and click on the 3-dot hamburger menu and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the Start Date and set this date to the desired new start date. Then, choose Update Account.
Upon completion, Kion will reflect the costs starting from the selected start date of the Spend Plan.