Configuring Microsoft Entra ID Federation Services
To configure Kion to use Microsoft Entra ID Federation Services (previously ADFS):
- Navigate to Users > Identity Management Systems.
- Click Add New.
- For the IDMS Type, select SAML 2.0.
- Fill in the required fields. For more information, see Add a SAML 2 IDMS.
- Do not enable Should Sign AuthN Requests.
- For the First Name, enter the field from the IDP that will be mapped to the user first name (
- For the Last Name, enter the field from the IDP that will be mapped to the user last name (
- For the Email, enter the field from the IDP that will be mapped to the user email (
- For the Username field, enter the field from the IDP that will be mapped to the user username (
- Click Create IDMS.
- Download the Kion metadata and import it into ADFS. You can accept all of the defaults when going through the metadata import wizard.
- Open the relying party definition.
- In the encryption tab, remove the certificate so that the response assertions are not encrypted.
- Create claim rules which describe what data ADFS will return to the relying party. There must be a name ID attribute. The other attributes must match what you named them when creating the IDM record inside the application.
- Log into the application via ADFS.