Add a Financial Enforcement Action to an OU
To add a financial enforcement action to an OU:
- In the left navigation menu, click OUs > All OUs.
- Click the name of the OU to which you'd like to add a financial enforcement action.
- Click the Enforcements tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Manage Enforcement modal that appears, fill out the fields:
- Under Enforcement Type, select OU to apply an enforcement based on the OU as a whole, or Service to apply an enforcement based on the value of a single cloud service.
- Under Trigger, select a timeframe, which determines the length of time during which the trigger will apply. For OUs, the spend option is always aggregate spending.
- Monthly: Accrued amount since the first day of the month.
- Yearly: Accrued amount since the first day of the year. If the project was created this year, it will count from the first day of the month when the project is created.
- Lifetime: Amount accrued since the first day of the month when the project was created.
- If you selected Enforcement Type: Service above, select the Service.
- Set the %/$ and a Value. You can choose to set the trigger's limit to a dollar amount or a percentage, then fill in the value.
- Under Events, select an optional cloud rule that will run when triggered.
- Set the Overburn toggle to ON to add a badge and yellow coloring when the trigger's conditions are met.
- Under Notifications, set any users and user groups that should be notified when the enforcement is triggered.
- Enter an optional Description for the enforcement.
- Click Save.